Thursday, June 18, 2015

Planning

I am new to this world of planning.

I've always liked having little agendas for school. I used them simply to track homework, tests, assignments, etc. But school and extracurricular activities have been making me very busy recently and the little free school agenda's just aren't cutting it anymore.

I've been wanting a larger and more personal planner. I looked into some online. All the one's I saw and lusted over (such as Erin Condren, Kikki K, Filo Fax, etc.) just did not fit my budget. As a student, I don't have $50 to spend just on a planner.

I was on a hunt to find a cheap/affordable, yet cute and personalizable planner. Luckly, my hunt ended at the very first store I went to - Target. I, as most people, have always loved Target. You can go there with the intent of finding only 1 item, and leave having found that item plus 5 other items you didn't know existed or were needed in your life. ;P

My initial thoughts on most of the planners there were that they were cheaply assembled, too bulky, not sturdy enough, ugly, etc. Some were cute, but I could not see myself being content with it for a whole year. And I don't want to be one of those people that switch between or get new planners multiple times throughout the year.

The planner I found is still small, though just right for me, and easily portable. This will make it easier to fit in backpacks and purses. I love the color scheme.

All the extra things that the more expensive planners come with (such a dashboards, pockets) are easily made at home. My creativity combined with the help of some Youtube videos, allowed me to add in my own dashboard and mini folder in the back. If you'd like some tutorials (whether on blog posts or youtube videos) I would be glad to make them.

This planner, along with a few smaller notebooks & folders, allow me to keep my life very organized.


Monthly View
Weekly View

Right side is my DIY dashboard.
2 small notebooks purchased at Morning Glory  


No comments:

Post a Comment